Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hello and welcome to my corner of colour, a blog for me to catalogue my thoughts and experiences with miniature painting and tabletop gaming.

I am a nerd, but more importantly I love art. I love to paint, to explore colour. Light and shadow, and objects in the world. From the way a door handle reflects a lamp, to the way a dress clings to a pretty woman. Sometimes I'll even catch myself just staring at plants, or a simple sunbeam peering through the curtain.

I think there is a beauty in the world, that goes unnoticed by most people in the busyness of their lives. There is a beauty that once you start to look for, you will find yourself unable to turn away from.

It is, in a way, intoxicating. It can change your whole perspective and the smallest of things can seem suddenly important.

I think that art is something that everybody should embrace in their lives. Even if all you can do is sit for a half hour daily with a colouring book, and believe me there are some amazing adult colouring books gaining popularity now, you don't need to be a master artist in order to create something and put it out into the world.

I think that last line sums up why I'm doing this blog. It is more for me than for the world, but it's a story I want to look back on and know I've shared it with others.

The love and the joy that you put into the act of art will show through in the finished product. I focus on my miniatures, but as I will come to show you there can be inspiration in anything. It is the act of creating, that is more important than what you create.

No comments:

Post a Comment